Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolution

Well time to make New Year's Resolutions. I usually don't because I never keep them. But this year I was challenged by Chris Brogan's blog called Your 3 Goals for 2009. He uses 3 words as goals for the year. So I began thinking of 3 words that would be goals for me this year. But as a nurse I couldn't just pick any 3 words, they had to be measurable and I had to be able to assign interventions to them (part of the nursing process). So what are my 3 words...

1. Consistent: I want to be more consistent this year. Consistent in my Bible reading, church attendance, spending time with my family & friends, and exercising. Each of these are measurable daily, weekly as well as yearly. 
Interventions: 
  • Read the daily Bible readings on YouVersion.com
  • Attend church services on Sundays either in a church building or through an online service such as lifechurch.tv
  • Plan date night with hubby, call family each week, write or call friends at least monthly
  • Exercise on the Wii fit @ least 3x/week.

2. Share: I have so much I can share as a nurse and a Follower of Christ. That is why my tag line is Serving Christ through Nursing. I want to use this blog to share what I know as a nurse, how it fits into my Christian walk and hope that others will be blessed & edified through what God teaches me. 
Intervention: 
  • Blog about my experiences or whatever God leads me to share at least weekly. 


3. Absorb: I want to absorb more of the knowledge of the people I associate with. I follow some great people on Twitter & Facebook. I want to glean from what God shows them and seek how God can use this knowledge in my life.
Intervention: 
  • Set up a reading list of inspirational books from different genres & read at least 1 hour/day.
  • Read at least 1 blog/day.
  • Journal on what God reveals to me through the books & blogs, share as God leads me.

As I have just finished listing my goals for 2009, I realized they all are interconnected. As read, I share then I absorb. A wonderful circle that will help me to become a richer person and to become the person that God wants me to be. 

Thank you Chris Brogan for this challenge. This year I may actually keep my New Year's Resolutions. Will update this post on 12/31/09 with a recap of how I did and to see how far I have come & grown.

So what 3 goals have you decided on for this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sharing one of those goals as well. My wife deserves a weekly date night.
Best of luck for your new year's goals.
Have a save and Happy new year to you and yours.